Current and Upcoming Closures at the Walt Disney World Resort
Here is a centralized list of attractions that are currently closed or scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. Disney calls these “operational updates.” We’ll also list here upcoming and recent permanently closed attractions, if any.
- Splash Mountain – closed- 1/6/2014-3/21/2014
- Casey’s Corner – closed- 1/6/2014- 2/15/2014
- Agrabah Bazaar – closed- 1/6/2014- 2/2/2014
- The Plaza Restaurant – closed 2/17/2014- 3/15/2014
- Pinocchio Village Haus – closed 2/17/2014- 3/30/2014
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover - closed- 2/10/2014- 3/27/2014
- Barnstormer closed- 2/3/2014- 2/5/2014
- Liberty Square Riverboat closed- 1/21/2014-1/30/2014
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – closed 4/7/2014- 4/9/2014
- Pirates of the Caribbean – closed 4/28/2014- 4/30/2014
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe outdoor patio closed until mid 2/14.
Disney’s Hollywood Studio
- Monsters Inc. Meet & Greet closed 1/29/2014- 2/8/2014
- Backlot Tour- closed 1/5/2014- 3/1/2014
- Festival of the Lion King closed 1/5/2014. It may be closed for up to 6 months before moving to its new theater,
closed- 12/22/2013- 3/15/2014
- Parking lots H, I, J, and K are closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are preparing to build a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Team Mickey Athletic Club closed 1/27/2014- 6/13/2014
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it’s a full scale remodel, it’s considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kiddie Pool Wet Deck (pool will still be open) closed 1/21/2014- 2/14/2014
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- All Star Movies
- All Star Music Resort
- All Star Sports - Grand Slam Quiet Pool Deck closed 2/11/2014-2/13/2014
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Quiet Pool closed 2/3/2014- 2/4/2014
- Disney’s Boardwalk Resort -Boardwalk Villas Quiet Pool and Spa closed 2/3/2104- 3/7/2014
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort - Pool slides closed 1/27/2014- 2/7/2014- pools remain open
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort - Bay Lake Tower Kiddie Pool Wet Deck (pool will still be open) closed 1/13/2014- 2/7/2014
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian
- Disney’s Old Key West – Goods to Go closed 1/20/2014- 1/30/2014, Gurgling Suitcase closed 2/5/2014- 2/28/2014
- Disney’s Pop Century
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort - Never Land Club closed 1/28/2014- 4/27/2014. Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined. Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 – 12/2014
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter – Doubloon Lagoon Pool closed 1/13/2014- 2/28/2014
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside – Magnolia Bend Bldg 80-85 Pool Deck closed 1/20/2014- 1/21/2014
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs-
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort - Quiet Pool closed 1/21/2014- 2/7/2014
Disney Golf Courses
- Disney’s Palm Golf Course - closed 6/12/2013- Mid November
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course -
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Course
- Disney’s Osprey Ridge Golf Course
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
- Winter Summerland- Winter Course closed 1/20/2014- Until further notice. Summer Course is still open.
If you notice any discrepancies or corrections, please let us know!