Current and Upcoming Closures at the Walt Disney World Resort
Here is a centralized list of attractions that are currently closed or scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. Disney calls these “operational updates.” We’ll also list here upcoming and recent permanently closed attractions, if any.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table- closed 1/5/2015- 3/6/2015
- Haunted Mansion – closed 12/1/2014 – 12/19/2014
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin- closed 11/10/2014- 11/21/2014
- Walt Disney World Railroad closed 9/29/2014- 11/7/2014
- Harmony Barber Shop- closed 2/2/2015- 3/30/2015
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Train Tour- closed 9/29/2014- 11/7/2014
- Splash Mountain- closed 1/4/2015- 1/30/2015
- Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid closed 2/2/2015 – 3/6/2015
- Liberty Square Riverboat- closed 1/23/2015- 1/27/2015
Disney’s Hollywood Studio
- LA Prop Cinema Storage closed 6/16/2014- 2/28/2015
- Fantasmic closed 11/19/2014- 11/21/2014
- Legend of Jack Sparrow closing permanently at the end of the day on 11/6/2014
- Sorcerer’s Hat- being removed TBA in 2015
- Permanently closed
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- Kali River Rapids- closed 1/20/2015- 2/2/2015
- Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area closed 9/2/2014- 11/14/2014
- Affection Section closed 10/7/2014- 11/10/2014
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour is 12/28/2014. This is being discontinued.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 10/26/2014 – 1/3/2015
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/4/2015- 3/14/2015
- Parking Lots Entrance 2- Lots A-G closed 12/1/2014-8/1/2016- in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
- Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney- closing permanently 8/28/2014. This is the entrance between Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest. There are currently only 2 entrances available into Downtown Disney. Entrance 5 which is across the street from Typhoon Lagoon, and Entrance 2 across from the Hess Station. Entrance 1 is only an exit.
- Parking lots E, F, G, H, I, J, and K are closed. Entrance 1 to the parking lot is now closed. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are building a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Buena Vista Drive- construction in the Downtown Disney area. Road is being expanded to 10 lanes and several pedestrian bridges will be built. Through 3/2016.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Pleasure Island bus stop closed permanently 6/11/2014
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it’s a full scale remodel, it’s considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Uwanja Camp Water Play area closed 9/22/2014- 10/24/2014
- All Star Music Resort – Intermission Food court closed 8/1/2014-12/20/2014. There will be transportation to the food court at All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Note’able Games Arcade closed 7/27/2014- 12/20/2014
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Guest Room renovations 10/13/2014- 8/22/2015. Stormalong Bay Pool- Waterslide and bridge 1 will be closed 1/5/2015-2/2/2015, Lazy River and bridges 3 &4 closed 2/2/2015- 3/3/2015
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort- Polynesian Beach andSunsetPoint- theeasternportion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined.
- Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 – 12/2014
- Moana Mickey’s Arcade closed starting 3/30/2014.
- Trader Jacks- closed 6/16/2014- 12/31/2014.
- Barefoot Pool Bar closed 7/26/2014- 5/31/2015.
- The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided. Trout Pass Pool Bar closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014
Disney Golf Courses
Disney’s Palm Golf Course closed 8/18/2014-8/22/2014, 11/3/2014-11/9/2014
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course- closed 8/4/2014-8/8/2014, 10/20/2014-10/26/2014
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Course closed 8/11/2015- 8/15/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course - closed 5/21/2014- 6/4/2014, 8/11/2014-8/13/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
If you notice any discrepancies or corrections, please let us know!