Current and Upcoming Closures at the Walt Disney World Resort
Here is a centralized list of attractions that are currently closed or scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. Disney calls these “operational updates.” We’ll also list here upcoming and recent permanently closed attractions, if any.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority- Peoplemover- closed 6/2/2014- 8/4/2014
- Astro Orbiter- closed 6/2/2014-9/19/2014
- Liberty Square Riverboat- closed 8/4/2014-8/8/2014
- Carousel of Progress- closed 8/25/2014- 9/4/2014
- Mickey’s Philharmagic- closed 9/8/2015 to 9/19/2014
Disney’s Hollywood Studio
- It’s Tough to be a Bug- closed 7/7/2014- 8/11/2014
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 10/26/2014 – 1/3/2015
- Parking lots H, I, J, and K are closed. Lots E, F,Garepartially closed starting 3/18/2014. During busy times Disney will open the Team Disney parking lot and provide a shuttle to Downtown Disney. They are preparing to build a parking garage in this location.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and Disney Quest will be closed from 10/21/2013 until Fall 2014. This is for work being done on the parking garage.
- Pleasure Island restrooms closed 1/6/2014
- Team Mickey Athletic Club closed 1/27/2014- 6/13/2014
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Boat Dock closed 2/22/14- Fall
- Pollo Compero permanently closed
NOTE: Our listing is for those refurbishments that will have an impact on the majority of guests. When it comes to changing out rooms, this is fairly routine as Disney is always monitoring their resorts. Unless it’s a full scale remodel, it’s considered standard maintenance and is not included in the refurb/rehab schedule.
- All Star Music Resort – Intermission Food court closed 8/1/2014-!2/20/2014. There will be transportation to the food court at All Star Sports or All Star Movies. Note’able Games Arcade closed 7/27/2014- 12/20/2014
- Disney’s Boardwalk Resort- Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing 9/30/2014
- Disney’s Grand Floridian- Garden View Tea Room closed 6/30/2014- 8/29/2014. Perfectly Princess Tea Party will take place at Citricos.
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort- Polynesian Beach and Sunset Point- the eastern portion will be unavailable 9/9/2013- to be determined. Great Ceremonial House Lobby rehab 3/1/2014 – 12/2014, Capt. Cook’s closed 3/2014- 8/2014. Alternate dining will be available. Moana Mickey’s Arcade closed starting 3/30/2014. Trader Jacks- closed 6/16/2014- 12/31/2014. The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive a free one-day ticket to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing transportation to a dedicated check-in at Blizzard Beach where you will receive your free ticket and towel. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer. Barefoot Pool Bar closed 7/26/2014- 5/31/2015. The pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed. You should use the sidewalk near the bus top in front of the resort.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided.
Disney Golf Courses
Disney’s Palm Golf Course closed 8/18/2014-8/22/2014, 11/3/2014-11/9/2014
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course- closed 8/4/2014-8/8/2014, 10/20/2014-10/26/2014
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Course closed 8/11/2015- 8/15/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course - closed 5/21/2014- 6/4/2014, 8/11/2014-8/13/2014, 10/27/2014-11/2/2014
If you notice any discrepancies or corrections, please let us know!